Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tis The Season....

Well, Long time no blog?! First and foremost.....Pvt. Chandler D. Cook will be home on the 18th of December! YAY He has been gone for a total of 159 days (as of today) with only 12 more days to go! I am inviting everyone to the airport WITH the stipulation that I get to hug him first! lol
Chandler is getting a medical discharge from the Army Reserves because of problems with his knee. A discharge can take up to 3 months to complete and Chandler's discharge started at the end of October, so he will have to go back for a couple weeks in January. It has been crazy back and forth on weather or not he would even be able to come home for the Christmas exodus. Then last week he called me on Monday and asked me if I had bought his airplane ticket yet, I hadn't so he told me not to because they were going to try to finish all his paperwork before exodus, so then he would be able to just come home for good AND the Army would pay for that airplane ticket! THEN the next day he called me in the morning and said "I need you to buy my plane ticket now, I have to have my itinerary in like an hour or I don't get to come home for Christmas" OH man. It's crazyness. But I got it and he will be home soon! I'm excited.Other than counting down the days till Chandler gets home, Aubri and I have been enjoying the short-lived fall weather. We have tons of leaves in out back yard so we finally went out and played in them. I raked up a couple piles and Aubri thought that was just the coolest thing ever. She would stand at the edge of the pile and then just fall forward! lol I thought you had to be shown that jumping in leaves was fun, but I guess not, she just knew!

Oh man, Halloween was fun this year. Trish the amazing woman that she is made this adorable Rainbow Bright costume for Aubri and I LOVE IT! I went with my two friends to the mall for trick or treating but all the stores were out of candy! Lame! So instead we went to a trunk or treat at my mom's ward. that was fun, but got cold fast. Aubri got the hang of picking out her treat and putting it in her bag, it was so cute!

Of course we have been enjoying the football games this year as well. Aubri loves going and she does really well! She gets freaked out when the stadium erupts in cheering and she would run and scramble to my lap, but after a second she would join in. it was so stinkin' cute.


Finally! Christmas is coming and Fast! I'm excited except I haven't bought many presents yet, so I have a lot of shopping to do. I need to be like Trish and start early, I just never think of it....
Oh, the cutest thing ever! While I was putting the lights on the Christmas Tree Aubri was checking it all out and all of the sudden she points to a light and says "hot" and blows on it, then goes to another, "hot" blow, she did it for about 10 minutes hahahaha it was so funny. I don't know what made her decide they were hot, but she took care of it and blew on them all. She is so funny and you can totally tell she has a personality of her own.

Aubri is getting so big. She knows just about everything on the face (eyes, nose, ears, hair, cheeks, chin, and we are working on forehead) She LOVES her cousins and can say all their names (Jayci, Kay-Ki for KK, Keija, Babee for Gabe, Lexi) she says Grandpa and Mama for grandma, chandler's parents she calls Lola and Papa. She says Up and Down and knows what they mean, her please is the cutest thing I have ever heard, she scrunches up her shoulders and says (in a really high voice) peeeeeeeaaaas! I'm going to have to get it on camera soon. She LOVES to dance! During conference she even danced to the tabernacle choir. hahaha I did get that on my phone camera. She said her first sentence (which I missed) she was at Michael's house and was in a high chair and I guess she wanted out so she said "let me out!" she only said it like 3 times and hasn't said it since. she does say things like "thas cute", "whats dat". Oh, and she is the biggest teaser I have ever met. and I thought I was bad. she thinks she is soooo funny and I agree with her. All I can think is "Chandler is going to have so much fun with her" she has changed soo much since he left, it's amazing.




5 comments:

  1. Your house looks so cute all decked & ready for Christmas! What time is Chandler's flight arriving? Our ultrasound is that same day at 10:30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kari, your house looks beautiful. I keep putting off getting the Christmas tree out. Congrats on Chandler being home soon. Aubri sounds so cute, good thing you have had her to entertain you while Chandler was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so stinking cute! I love your Christmas house:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your back missed your blogging!

    ReplyDelete